(click photos to enlarge)
Although I'm not a food blogger, sometimes a recipe rises to the surface and I remember how good it was last time I made it.
Here's one of them:
SUSA'S APPLE CAKE - Torta de Manzana Susa - Venezuela
3/4 cup sugar (125 grams)
1/2 cup + 1 TBS butter (125 grams)
1 1/2 cups flour (200 grams)
2 golden apples, peeled and sliced
1 teasp baking powder
1 teasp cinnamon
zest of 1 lemon finely grated
a little more sugar for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 8 inch (20 cm) springform tart mold.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, adding the sugar a little at a time, then add the eggs one by one.
Add the grated lemon zest.
3. Mix the baking powder with the flour and add it a little at a time to the mixture, beating until well blended.
4. Pour mixture into tart pan and spread to cover bottom. Arrange apple slices around in a fanshape, sprinkle with a little more sugar and the cinnamon.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes.
Source: Translated from "Recetas de Tia Tiqui" - Caracas, Venezuela
My Notes: I didn't peel the apples and served the pieces with a spoonful of nonfat peach yogurt.
I hope you will try it, because it's easy to make and good!