Thursday, February 23, 2012

Carnival in Puerto de la Cruz

This year the carnival celebrations of Puerto de la Cruz have 'recycling' as the theme.

And so the poster announcing the festivities, designed by Anoniman, shows a face decorated with random bits of metal objects to demonstrate that even a few screws and loose nuts can be made into a costume for carnival.


and this year the carnival queen of Puerto de la Cruz is Virginia Molina Marrero.


 The first runner up or 1st dama de honor is Carolay Garrido Rodriguez, pictured below:


Credits for these photos go to the photographers of the official carnival websites.

The main parade in Puerto de la Cruz will be on Saturday, February 25 and there will also be another day carnival in the streets on the next day, Sunday February 25 from 10:30 am.

I will probably be down in the plaza to join the crowds.

I'll be back next with my street photos from last Sunday. 
Thanks for dropping by and ¡hasta la vista!

6 comments:

Prerna Subramanian said...

http://worth-a-million.blogspot.in/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

Prerna Subramanian said...

I gave u an award!

Canarybird said...

Thank you Prerna.

Vacation said...

great place to take a trip

Krasimir Todor said...

Thank to Mr. Benjamin for helping me acquire my VA Mortgage loan. It was great receiving my loan of $900,000 USD from this loan lender. My name is Krasimir Todor am Belgian. I got my loan from this reputable loan lender on the 20th of November 2019 and I want to quickly use this medium to tell everyone here that you can acquire any loan from this credible loan company. A VA loan lender is not easy to come by and it must be recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Mr Benjamin will give you loans at low-interest rates of 2% rate and very fast. Get your loans at Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number: + 1-989-394-3740

Autos Et Motos said...

Great blog thanks for posting

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin