Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beautiful Sunset - January 31


After so much rain, there was a misty sunset this evening that transformed our front garden into a surrealistic scene. The light was magical.  It touched the roses which had been rain soaked and head bent and brought them back to life.  The distant mountains were bathed in a soft golden haze.  I don't remember having seen such a beautiful light.
   I had to run and get a camera.


It reminded me of a light I had seen in paintings by old masters.  
Almost too lovely to be real.



The time was 6:04 pm to 6:08 pm and the camera was a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10.

Thanks for your visit. Hasta la vista!


7 comments:

Gary said...

Hi Sharon,
I can't blame you for rushung to get the camera, whar a beautiful sight to be faced with. It does indeed look like a scene from one of the great masters themselves. Take care

Ashleigh said...

Wish I was THERE...

Marysol said...

Sharon, these photos seem Edenic in nature. How you capture such beauty is awe-inspiring.

I wish I were there, especially now, with the snowstorms. But, I'd probably never want to leave—which may not be a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, that's gorgeous.
Sometimes we get a similar light filling the valley at sunset, but I've never been at the right place at the right time WITH the camera to capture it.

Canarybird said...

Thanks Gary, Ashleigh and Marysol. Yes we're lucky to still have sunshine here on a regular basis while the snow stays way up there on top of the mountain.

Hi Renee...so nice to 'see' you again. I hope all goes well with you. I haven't seen that special light in the garden again. But it does help to have the camera near at such a time.

Thank you friends for your visit!
Sharon.

Luxury Tenerife Holidays from ITC Classics said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chudexs said...

photographs that are very soothing eye and heart at the sight,
I felt as if she were in a cool atmosphere but there is sunlight that gives sufficient warmth.
very interesting and awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin